THE STATUTE OF THE FOUNDATION LOCAL PROSPERITY
The ‘Local Prosperity’ Foundation called, hereinafter referred to as The Foundation, established by
- Stanisław Kracik
- Włodzimierz Cichomski
- Waldemar Baraniewski
(hereinafter referred to as The Founders, by the notary deed prepared in Warsaw, ul. Ordynacka 9, on 24th July 1998 (24.07.1998), by the notary Tamara Żurakowska, repertorium No A 6406/98, shall act on the basis of regulations of the Act on Foundations of 6th April 1984 (final text Dz.U. No 46 of 1991 item 203) and the hereafter Status.
The Foundation has legal status.
The seat of The Foundation is Warsaw.
- The Foundation acts within the territory of The Republic of Poland, however, for the proper realisation of statutory assignments, the Foundation may operate outside Poland.
- For foreign co-operation purposes, the Foundation may use its name – Local Prosperity.
- For proper task realisation, the Foundation may form local departments, and representative offices. It may also join other foundations with convergent or the same objectives.
The Foundation is allowed to propose and grant badges, titles of honour and other awards to private or legal persons, well-deserved for the purposes realised by the Foundation or for the Foundation itself.
The minister of education and sport is an expert in the Act on Foundations interpretation.
AIMS AND PRINCIPLES OF THE FOUNDATION
The objectives of the Foundation are as follows:
- supporting the social, cultural, scientific and educational activity conducted for the development of the civil society,
- establishing institutions of the democratic country on the local and regional level,
- integrating the local societies,
- protection of local traditions and regional peculiarity,
- protection of environment and monuments,
- supporting for building of United Europe,
The Foundation realises its objectives by means of organising and financing
- holidays and communal galas, folk galas, reviews and folk artists competitions, exhibitions, meetings, literature contests, artistic workshop, which help to promote and cultivate local and regional tradition,
- courses, training and lectures for council activists, local media journalists, council administration employees, public relations experts, council institutions spokesmen, activists of social-cultural societies, teachers, all that concerns identification, recognition and usage of local positives, that help to build a civil society,
- the protection of monuments, chamber of monuments, cemeteries, nature objects, that city council takes care of, activists of local social-cultural societies and youth,
- programmes that inform local societies, council activists, teachers and students about civil society, democratic institutions, and processes of integration in Poland and Europe,
- researches in ethnography, history, knowledge of culture, history of art, the law, environmental protection, sociology, and other related fields which can give some knowledge on civil society,
- brochures, bulletins, leaflets, posters, studies, which costs of production will be borne by the Foundation,
- educational and informational programmes that help to explain the ideas of the United Europe to local activists, council administration staff, teachers and youth, with the co-operation with parliament and the government of the United Europe and other organisations that were found with their initiative.
In order to gain its aims, the Foundation can support the activity of other legal or private persons whose activity is convergent with the aims of the Foundation.
PROPERTY AND INCOMES OF THE FOUNDATION
The assets of the Foundation is its fund – 1200 PLN (in words: one thousand two hundred zlotys), that is indicated in a notary act.
The Founders (Stanisław Kracik, Włodzimierz Cichomski and Waldemar Baraniewski) gave 400 PLN (in words: four hundred zlotys) for the fund of the Foundation.
- The sources of the Foundation’s income:
- donations, inheritances and legacies either national or foreign;
- subsidies and subventions;
- income from fund-raising and public galas;
- income from movable and immovable property;
- dividends and share profits and share in companies or other private persons;
- percentage from capital investments and bank accounts;
- income from securities.
- Income from subsidies, donations, inheritances and legacies as well as from bank percentages that come from the same sources, can be allocated to the realisation of all aims of the Foundation, if the Donators do not decide differently.
- The acceptance of donation or inheritance can not cause assumption of a debt by the Foundation that outvalue the property accepted.
THE FOUNDATION ORGANS
The Foundation organs are:
- The Founder Assembly,
- The Board of the Foundation.
The Founders Assembly
- The Founders Assembly consists of The Founders and other private persons and representatives of legal persons who are appointed by the resolution of the Founders Assembly.
- Each Founder has got the right to choose a person, whom, on the basis of authorisation in writing will represent the Founder during the Founders Assembly.
- Should such a need arise, the Founders Assembly will meet (at least once a year).
- The Founders Assembly can be called any time, on the Board of the Foundation initiative or on each member’s motion.
- The session of the Founders Assembly is called by means of registered letter sent to home addresses of the Founders or persons representing the Founder, at least 14 days before the planned session of the Assembly.
- The Founders Assembly chooses the Board of the Foundation.
- The Founders Assembly competencies are as follows:
- setting long-term strategies for the Foundation,
- creating the statute and making changes to it,
- adopting a resolution about the Foundation liquidation,
- appointing and dismissing the Chairman of the Board and other members of the Board (on Chairman’s decision),
- giving an opinion on and approving of the Foundation activity plans prepared by the Foundation Board,
- approving of annual budget of the Foundation presented by the Board of the Foundation,
- granting approval for members of the Board.
- deciding on Board members salaries and salary elements,
- approving reports of the Foundation statute activity, which are prepared by the Board,
- giving an opinion on issues presented by the Board,
- giving an assent to buy or to sell the Board’s properties,
- adopting resolutions in matters that concern a share of the Foundation in companies and economic organisations,
- adopting resolutions as far as aims, form and principles of the Foundations are concerned,
- approving regulations, organisational structure of the Foundation or regulations concerning salaries and employment.
- The Board of the Foundation must comply to resolutions of the Assembly in matters specified in act 8.
- The Assembly decides in the form of resolutions.
- The resolutions of the Assembly are adopted by the simple majority of votes at the presence of at least two thirds of the Assembly members.
The Board of the Foundation
- The Board of the Foundation is appointed by the Founders Assembly.
- The Board of the Foundation consists of two or three members, including the Chairman of the Board.
- The Board members’ term lasts 4 years.
- After that term, each member of the Board may be again appointed to the Board, providing they will be given approval.
- The Board represents the Foundation outside and manages a current Foundation activity.
- The competencies of the Board of the Foundation are as follows:
- preparing plans of the Foundation activity or reports concerning their execution,
- accepting, on behalf of the Foundation, inheritances, donations, subventions and subsidies,
- preparing the Foundation organisational structure, and rules of employment and bonuses that are presented to the Founders Assembly for approval,
- preparing and passing the Board work regulations and rules of the Foundation’s financial economy management that are to be presented to the Founders Assembly for approval.
- The Board’s decisions are made in the form of resolutions.
- The Board’s resolutions are made in accordance with the Board’s work regulations, passed by the Founders Assembly. If number of votes is equal, the Chairman gives the casting vote.
- Only the Chairman itself, or two Board members working together, or the proxy set by them, are entitled to take the floor, make a statement and contract an obligations on the behalf of the Foundation.
- The forms of the Board’s activity and share of work between its members is regulated by the regulation adopted by the Founders Assembly.
The Foundation is liquidated in case of full aim achievement or in case of total usage of its assets and financial means.
- The Foundation is liquidated only on the Founders unanimous resolutions, adopted on the motion of the Board.
- The statute is effective from the day of registration by the Regional Court of the city of Warsaw.